GMUResearch is your one stop Colorado big game hunting resource. This cloud based research site provides hunting data to help you find that perfect hunting spot for Elk, Deer, Antelope, Moose, Mountain Goat, or Bighorn Sheep. Our data includes harvest rates, hunter pressure, draw results, and much more.
Since it is web based (in the cloud), this means you can access from any Personal Computer, Macintosh, iPhone / iPad or other mobile device, from anywhere you have access to a wireless / 3G / 4G network.
In addition to the big game data, we also provide Google Earth compatible map files, including harvest locations for Moose, Goat and Sheep, Unit boundaries, USFS / BLM / Private land percentages per Unit, and Elk hunter density. This is just a small subset out of our maps files.
Subscribe today! Increase your odds by being a prepared hunter.
GMUResearch offers the following information
- Downloadable Google Maps file including;
- Elk hunter density for Archery, Muzzleloader, and 1st - 4th Rifle seasons
- Public land ownership percentage per Elk unit
- BLM & USFS land percent per Elk unit
- 2010 Moose and Goat Harvest locations
- Elk Archery, Muzzleloading, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th Rifle Seasons, and all manner of take since 1999 (last updated Feb 2013)
- Elk Preference Point data (last updated Feb 2014)
- Elk big game populations and Bull/Cow ratios for all the GMU's CDOW reports on. (Post season populations data last updated Dec 2010)
- Deer Archery, Muzzleloading, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Rifle Season hunting stats (last updated Feb 2013)
- Deer Preference Point data (last updated Feb 2013)
- Antelope Archery, Rifle and Muzzleloading hunting stats
- Antelope Preference Point data (last updated Feb 2014)
- Rocky Mountain Big Horn Sheep hunter success, hunter pressure, and required preference points (last updated Feb 2014)
- Mountain Goat summary data. Showing average hunter success since 1999. (last updated Feb 2014)
- Moose summary data. Showing average hunter success for all seasons since 1999. (last updated Feb 2014)